Thursday 5 April 2012

Create a lasting memory.

To this day I am still uncertain as to what the exact catalyst was that sparked my passion for photography; as a young child I was fascinated by captured images and loved flicking through old photo albums.
I suppose it is that fascination with the idea of suspending a memory forever, a tangible piece of yours or others history that still drives my curiosity in the medium.

I have always been creative; also enjoying drawing and writing as hobbies but there just seemed to always be a natural pull towards photography for me.
After working my way up to Assistant Manager in a clothing retailer for a couple of years I began to yearn for more knowledge, to be excited to learn something new everyday and to find an outlet for my creativity.
I made the decision to leave my job and apply to Plymouth College of Art and was accepted in 2010 on to the Level 0 Photography programme; an invaluable year which has given me great foundations to build on during the rest of my time at PCA following a degree course.

From the series 'Transformation'.
At present, other than striving to keep improving and learning, my career path is non-specific and I am open to new opportunities and experiences. I have a keen passion for abstract, landscape and macro imagery with my work during the first two years of study focusing mainly on everyday details; dreamlike ambiguity with an emphasis on the interaction of space and memory.
My aim is to show the world as and how I see it. Often through another perspective we can be introduced to something new or reminded of things we perhaps thought to be lost; through the lens of the camera I am inspired to make images that insight a reaction, compose a space for contemplation and hopefully create those lasting memories.


Images and content ©2012 Jennifer-Anne Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment